Monday, March 10, 2008

"In Your Pants" and Short Stories

Inspired by one of Adrianne's comments, I decided to take a look at my own library. So here's another list of books we can use for the "in your pants" suffix: The Long Walk in your Pants, Misery in your Pants, Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark in your Pants, How do they do that? in your Pants, Holes in your Pants, and let us not forget a story of my own, Under the Hazelnut Tree in your Pants. "In your pants" can also be applied to other things, really. I discovered Saturday at work that one can add it to the end of a movie title! Work is going to be much more entertaining now...

In other news, I'm happy to say I've finished a short story, which I'm titling, Meanderings with Time in your Pants. This is the first story which was inspired by one of my dreams. The dream I had a few months ago gave me a vivid picture of a wonderful setting and I built the plot around that. That's all I'm saying for now. Currently, I'm in the editing stages, though I'll soon be letting a select few people read it. Ideally, I would really like to get this one published and I think it has potential to get to that level. Until then, I'll be spending the next few months editing and looking into literary magazines. Cheerio.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like "misery in your pants" :)

All I have to say about your short story is that I better be one of the "select people who gets to read it" or you can just get the hell out of my theatre!