Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Me in the Future

Today, I honestly didn't know what to blog about. I wanted to post a blog, but everything is pretty status quo right now--going on with the play, obsessing about the environment, writing, yatah yatah yatah. So I decided to bring out the old crystal ball and predict my future. Not really, but Adrianne from school and I came to an agreement about what my life would be like when I'm in my thirties. Future Adam, if this description is accurate, then your high school friends were very smart. I will be wealthy (in a sensible way) and live in a comfortable, eco-friendly house with a huge garden in the back. The house will also have a library stocked full of books. My career will be some type of scientific field and one of its highlights will be a graden in my basement that grows from a strange, new type of energy. And Dillon will be my aide in this project as well. I'll have one daughter, whom I'm very overprotective of and read to every day. It was agreed by most of my friends and myself that this sounds pretty accurate, so we'll see. Thanks to everyone who helped to build this...interesting story. And, Alex, you should post my description of your future life on your blog--you know it sounds accurate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling the need to elaborate on some things
1. Wealthy in a sensible way- you will have enough money to live comfortably and buy what you want in moderation, including some luxeries.

2. A library full of books-that you will read from every night.

3. A basement garden- The light will be in the floors, and it will be dense and earthy, but not in a creepy way.

4. Dillon will be my aide- Yeah, he'll live in the basement and only come out for dinner, he'll leave the basement, but that'll be the only time you see him.

5. Overprotective- heck yes

And you forgot to mention that your only eccentricity will be a violet parrot that I have trained to talk for you...it'll just sit on our shoulder all day