Sunday, February 24, 2008

Self-Interview

So instead of doing an ordinary blog today, I'm going to try a self-interview style. Well, here goes.

Q: How is your mental health as of late? Has your shecule driven you up the wall yet?
A: Yes, it has! I've hardly even had time to eat this week. Oliver rehersals are going until six now and I'm working 16 hours on weekends. I've been snapping at people on random occasions to channel some of my aggression. But a busy life is always a fulfilling one.

Q: How is your book going? You know, the one you keep talking about...
A: Bad! I'm doing what many writers call "putting it on the back burner", which is to really say, "forgetting about it completely". I've read it over and it has a lot of direct characterization in it, which I don't want to have too much of. But I'll probably be writing a short story once I find the time.

Q: What about your job at Hollywood Video?
A: Well...it's a job. I work.

Q: What do you want to be when you grow up for this week?
A: An anthropologist! Other cultures are fascinating and I want to learn more about them. The pay is a bit on the low end, but the real reward is in travelling and learning. I would have to get a PhD, so that would definitely be interesting.

6 comments:

sparkle said...

so o.k. Adam will not be an anthropologist....here's why the boy must change his career everyweek to fasinate me . o.k. thats not all why but if i was to approach someone and say "whatz ur profession?" and they were to reply " i'm an anthropologist." we'll u fall asleep in the middle of the word. let alone get to t he explanation of what one is. by the way there's a tip there if when ur telling someone a story and they go ..."wow! u have big ears or something then u know ur story was boring and no they don't wan to hear more let alone picked up anything u said. sorry ppl tip of the day. but back to adams life long profession. i think adam will end up as a fire eating cirus junky or something when he sayz the title people will be throughly intruiged. or maybe a professional water taster because then he could test the water samples i lakes and taste sex water. yes there's really water with that name and he could have an awsome title. the point is adam will end up with the coolest job he least expected and it will be so fasinating that he can write a novel of his own life. intitled Amanda's influence..JK that was really conceted...well comes from adam. so right back at u honey. and for umpa loompa i used periods today :).adios sparkle....idea(lightbulb turns on!!!) adam as an exotic dancer...o.k. sorry i tried.

Anonymous said...

Adam as an exotic dancer? (what a "politically correct" word for stripper) You guys could go out and buy leopard print man thongs together....but come to think of it, you wouldn't have much use for a leopard print man thong yourself, "sparkles", unless of course it was to see it on him...but I digress. You could however, go shopping in Victoria's Secret, but then you run the risk of awkward encounters with music teachers, and trust me, you don't want that....Now if you really wanted to strive for something, you could use that sex water to make yourself a sex ice skating rink, and then you could drive the zamboni (what a cool word!) around in your stripper clothes, or lack thereof.

Finally, I must add that "using periods" is not valid, since you used them at completely random times...but I guess thats why we love you.....and its "oompa", not "umpa". The Oompa Loompas do not appreciate misspellings of their names and will now haunt your dreams with nightmares about chocolate. (chocolate, yummmmmmmm)

thepapercut said...

schedule was mispelled just to let you know.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Did you know that budget cuts are killing us? Here is the CBS58 news story on it online. http://www.cbs58.com/index.php?aid=1956.

Anonymous said...

Ok. So heres the thing. The mental image of Adam in a leopard print thong I find thoroughly disturbing. Yes I kno thatz hard 4 u 2 believe Trixy, but its true. I am now mentally scarred. For life.

So thank you all for that. And oh by the way. You there. The oompa loompa. Yes I am talking to you. Listen up. Oompa loompa was and remains MY title. I am very dissappointed in your stealing of it. Let the fleas of a thousand camels (cigarettes or mammals, your pick) infest your armpits.

And as for you Adam. The interview was a nice addition to all of this. Good idea. I say your going to grow up to be a writer. Not one of those paleontologists or one of those long words you fall asleep in the middle of. Just an author. Hey author, that sounds interesting, and its only 2 syllables. jk, jk. Be what ever you dream to be!