Sunday, February 17, 2008

Winter Formal

So last night was our Winter Formal Dance! Overall it was pretty fun but I wish a few more of my friends would have come (you know who you are). I was able to ask off from work for the night and stopped by at Nanci's for pictures. Amanda, Nanci, and I went as a mini-group. The only crappy thing about the dance was the music--not enough slow dances. It was basically a giant hip-hop-fest but it was still fun. After we dropped Nanci off at home, Amanda and I went to DiCarlo for dinner. It's an awesome Italian restaurant and they just made a new addition to it, so it looked really new and classy. I had lobster stuffed raviolli and Amanda had an artichoke/eggplant dish, which she let me try. The highlight of our evening was when Amanda said we should go to the airport. "Why?" I asked. Apparently she just felt an impulse to go there. For anyone who hasen't been to Mitchell Airport at 12:30 AM, it is a creepy place. The only people there are custodians and a few odd people whose flights got cancelled. The overall vibe was really quiet and dead. But...we were still destined to go there for some reason. On our way out, after we left the parking garage, the parking garage attendant said, "Have a peaceful night" when we left. Have a peaceful night? I've heard "Good night" and such, but "Have a peaceful night"? What is a non-peaceful night? That's like saying, "Hope you don't hit a roadside bomb on your way home" or "Don't get attacked". We found that was pretty hilarious because we just like to laugh at small details like that. So there's my recap of Winter Formal '08--good night.

2 comments:

sparkle said...

hey sweety where's the pics???? or is that another blog p.s. you should tell the people another about OLIVER shopping at vv. and all that jazz.love ya

Anonymous said...

Oh God, the lack of punctuation kills me....gasp, I can't breathe! It's like being stabbed in the eye with bamboo shoots...

And personally, I thought Winter Formal was a bit of a joke this year.